narcissistic ramblings

Friday, May 16, 2003

alright let's bust this thing open


favorite song playing on the radio at the moment: Beware of the Boys by Panjabi MC featuring Jay Z

=> knightrider theme + indian music = highway to heaven

remember that show highway to heaven? it was about two cops, and i guess they were angels, it was on in the late 80s i think.. starred michael london, who died of cancer a few years later, he also was the dad in little house on the prairie, and i used to get him confused with david hasselhof, who starred in knightrider.. and that's the six degrees.

there are more six degrees:
first there was my close friend renee in 7th grade in oklahoma who is the fifth cousin to garth brooks
then there's my dad's sister's family in tulsa with daughter lesli (my favorite cousin) who was on a soccer league with the youngest hanson brother, they had him over to dinner and everything
then there's that girl in my world lit class from last semester who supposedly lived in the same building as justin timberlake, downtown by lake eola, i'm doubting that one now though
then there is a two-fold:
my dad's old childhood friend Jim Paden's ex-wife Linda's sister Janeane is now married to either Brooks or Dunn, and Janeane and her earlier husband, whose name escapes me, were close friends with Johnny Cash and his wife. Johnny Cash's wife died just recently i now hear, which is how i came to know all of this.
this is what happens when you know people who know people who know people in the mid-west.

i forgot what busy felt like, but now that i'm taking these three summer school classes, i remember. and it's busy. two papers due on same day busy. and the second i find a moment, i'm going to see the matrix with my brother. and down with love. and i'll go rent comedian and see that again.

i've been sick for weeks and now it's in my ears and throat and neck and every night my neck feels like there's an enormous knot and maybe a swollen gland or two and when the ears are bad, everything, even my voice, feels so far away, it's surreal. and i tend to start daydreaming about what italy must smell like.

dawson's creek has ended and i came close to touching on a huge life problem but it scampered away very quickly.. something about how my life is going nowhere, i don't know

my friends, er, my dramatic friends, have been mad at me.. and i don't know exactly what to say to that. i just hope i won't be walking on egg shells from now on. godammit.

hang on, my ear is saying something to me.. i can hear it breathing. really. it's asking me what i want to be doing right now. and i don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home