narcissistic ramblings

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

i am fucking in love with interpol. there are very few bands i crave to see live in this world, and right now it's interpol, the yeah yeah yeahs, and modest mouse. let me get into the strange complexity/simplicity that is interpol lyrics.. they go back and forth between the two and it's weird and interesting and slightly funny. let me give examples:

from "say hello to the angels":
this is a concept
this is a bracelet
this isn't no intervention
this is a new year
what you thought was such a conquest
your hair is so pretty and red
baby baby you're really the best

from "obstacle 1":
it's in the way that she poses
it's in the things that she puts in my head
her stories are boring and stuff
she's always calling my bluff
she puts the weights into my little heart
and she gets in my room and she takes it apart

so that's your interpol thought for the day.

more random-sick-at-school-skipping-french thoughts: there is plenty to still be happy about. i love music. i love movies. i love french onion soup. i love this chai tea latte thing i just had from panera that completely soothed my aching throat. i love dancing. i love gay sex. i love jon stewart. i love the color brown. i love the new cool weather. i love that i'm going to new york and boston in a matter of weeks with my best friend whom i also love. i love closing my eyes and feeling an emotion that you can feel physically throughout your whole body.. lately it's been either nostalgia or horniness. i love my brother when he's being sweet to me like he just was on the phone a second ago.. i love how he learns from me occassionally, like when i say "if i'm not happy, no one else around me can be happy, so make me happy" and it was a joke but he knows it's a little true so he tries sometimes. i love good family relationships when they happen. i love that we can heal from bad ones. i love that mean people can't overcome us in the end because the ball is already rolling and times they are a-changin and it's inevitable that things will be better soon. ok i'll leave you with that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home